Crustless Veggie & Cheese Pie
Preheat oven to 400
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large fry or sauce pan
- Add 1-½ cups finely chopped onion. Cook until tender approx. 3 minutes.
- Add 1 pound frozen spinach or 2-½ cups fresh, finely chopped greens (kale, chard, mustard greens, spinach). Cook 1 minute.
- Add finely grated rind of one lemon, ½ cup finely chopped flat parsley, 6 ounces by weigh feta cheese (can use part feta, part cheddar or any other combo you like)
- In 2 cup measure of bowl combine 1-½ cup whole-milk ricotta cheese or small-curl cottage cheese, 2 eggs, ½ cup finely grated Romano cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, ground black pepper to taste until well blended.
- Add to onion mix.
- Scrape into 9" or 10" pie plate.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Brush each of 8 thawed sheets of fillo dough with the 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Crumple each as you go into nest shape and place on top of filling.
- Return to oven. Bake 10-15 minutes until film is golden brown.
- Serve hot or cool.
Post a Comment