One way is to distill the petals. But there is an easier way to make this wonderful facial toner. Remember to only gather plant materials from chemical-free gardens and away from the roads where the plants are exposed to exhaust fumes.
Here is a quick and easy recipe by Janice Cox from her book Natural Beauty at Home.
- 1 cup firmly packed rose petals, washed
- 2 cups boiling water
- Place rose petals in a ceramic or glass bowl.
- Use only fresh petals (no leaves or stems).
- Pour boiling water over petals, and allow petals to steep until cool.
- Strain off the petals
- Pour the scented liquid into a clean bottle.